top of page
  • Alicia Chalumeau

Connecticut Uncontested Divorce Documents Checklist

In Connecticut, once you and your spouse have reached an agreement that provides for the allocation of your assets, distribution of your debts, and for the custody and support of your child(ren), you may request that the court schedule an uncontested divorce trial. If you are represented by an attorney, he/she will gather all the appropriate paperwork and help you prepare for the uncontested trial. If, however, you are self-represented, it is important that you prepare all the documents the court will require in advance of the uncontested date in order to proceed as quickly as possible. Below is a list of the standard uncontested documents required by the Connecticut Superior Court in order to grant your divorce. Additional documents may be necessary, so be sure to check with your local clerk’s office in advance of your uncontested dissolution date.

  • Divorce Agreement (Form: JD-FM-172): The court requires a written agreement signed by the parties which reflects all aspects of the parties’ agreement regarding allocation of assets, distribution of debts and liabilities, etc.

  • Financial Affidavits (Form: JD-FM-6): Both parties are required to file financial affidavits on the date of the uncontested dissolution trial. The financial affidavits must be signed and sworn to, and must be dated within the last thirty (30) days.

  • Dissolution of Marriage Report (Form: JD-FM-181): The Dissolution of Marriage Report (sometimes referred to as the “health form”) is required in every divorce. The form requests certain statistical information from the parties, and is forwarded to the Connecticut Bureau of Vital Statistics.

  • Affidavit Concerning Military Service (Form JD-FM-178): If you are the plaintiff in the divorce action and your spouse has not filed an appearance with the court, you must complete the Military Service Affidavit attesting that your spouse is not on active duty. In order to verify active duty military status or please visit the Department of Defense Website.

  • Wage Withholding For Support (Form-JD-FM-1): If your agreement calls for support payments (alimony, child support, etc.), and you wish to have the support payments deducted directly from your spouse’s paycheck, you must complete the Wage Withholding Form.

For Connecticut divorces where minor children are involved, these additional forms are necessary:

  • Affidavit Concerning Children (Form JD-FM-164): If there are minor children of the marriage, the court will require you to complete this form providing the necessary information regarding each child.

  • Child Support Guidelines Worksheet (Form JD-FM-220): Even if your agreement calls for the waiver of child support orders this form must be completed so long as there are minor children of the marriage.

  • Certificate of Completion of Parenting Education Program: Connecticut law mandates that both parents involved in a divorce where there are minor children participate in the state Parenting Education Program. The court will require a certificate of completion for each parent proving they have completed the course.

  • Advisement of Rights Re: Income Withholding (Form JD-FM-71): Whether you are enforcing or waiving your right to an immediate income withholding order, this form must be completed if your agreement calls for the payment of child support.

376 views0 comments
bottom of page